Home to 43 mammal species and 250 bird species.find out more
In the heart of Graaff-Reinet, a town with a rich history and immense character, the Drostdy Hotel is found. Initially built in the 1800s, the hotel has been refined over the years to become one of South Africa’s top 10 hotels, boasting modern amenities and luxurious finishings.
The Great Dame of The Karoo
Stroll down the same paths that the likes of Queen Elizabth II has walked and bask in the Karoo sunshine. Our hotel is also pet-friendly.
- CHECK IN 14:00
- CHECK OUT 11:00
30 Church Street
Graaff-Reinet, Eastern Cape, South Africa, 6280
Services and Facilities
- Wi-Fi In rooms and public areas.
- Fitness Room Top-quality equipment.
- Swimming Pool Three pools with manicured gardens.
- Secure Parking Available for guest use.
- Transfers All transfers can be arranged at reception.
- Mobility Friendly One assisted disabled room/facilities.
- Laundry Laundry and dry-cleaning at an additional cost.
- Room Service Available 24 hours.
- Eco-friendly Cruelty-free Woodbury & Co. products.
- Spa Africology Spa & Himalayan salt sauna.
- Conferences & Meetings Available at the SA College for Tourism.
- Electric car charger Located on the hotel grounds.
- Art Gallery Art to view and purchase at Imibala Art Gallery.
- Wine shop Taste and purchase at De Camdeboo Wijnkamer.
- Pet-friendly We offer pet-friendly services.
Valley of Desolation visit
A breathtaking, picturesque geological phenomenon!Find Out More
Our Africology Spa offers tailor-made treatments, ensuring a relaxing experience for all guests.find out more
The nursery currently houses around 7 000 species of plants, and raises about 350 000 plants each year, with stock plants exceeding two-million.Find out more
Guided historical tour
One of the best ways to explore South Africa’s oldest townsFind out more
Guests can look forward to the best Karoo-inspired dishes at the stylish De Camdeboo Restaurant. Expect local herbs and ingredients infused into dishes such as the famed Karoo lamb or succulent local venison.View menu
Unwind and restore at Africology Spa, located on the hotel premises for absolute convenience. The spa offers a wide variety of treatments, including bridal packages and a Himalayan Salt Sauna.View menu
The Drostdy Hotel is committed to offering annual internship and learnership positions to thirty female SA College for Tourism graduates who come from less fortunate circumstances.Find out more
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children under the age of two sharing with adults are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
- Cots available for children up to the age of two.
- Persons 12 years and older are considered adults and will require their own room/s at the applicable rate.
- Interleading and adjoining rooms are available on request, subject to availability.
- A single occupancy rate is charged for children staying in interleading or adjoining rooms (maximum of two children per room).
- 50% of the per person sharing rate is charged for a child sharing with one adult.
- Child-minding services are available upon request with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice, at an additional cost.
To ensure that you have a comfortable and memorable experience in Graaff-Reinet, we recommend that you include the following items when packing:
- Light-weight clothing
- Warm clothing, including items such as a jacket, scarf and beanie
- Waterproof jacket
- Insect repellent
- Small flashlight
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further info.
Graaff-Reinet, surrounded by Camdeboo National Park, is classified as a malaria-free area. It is, however, recommended that guests contact their local travel clinic for advice on the necessary precautionary measures for visits to this region.
We uphold a Safe & Clean Commitment, focused on enhancing cleaning practices, guest interactions and workplace protocols to address the hygiene challenges presented by Covid-19. In addition, 100% of our hotel’s staff members are fully vaccinated. For more information, please visit our Covid-19 information portal.
Nestled in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, Graaff-Reinet is the country’s fifth oldest town. It is home to over 220 heritage sites, including various houses, buildings and farms, which reveal the town’s journey through time. The town is situated within the Great Karoo and is thus surrounded by natural beauty, rich in fauna and flora.
Graaff-Reinet experiences little rainfall as the Great Karoo is considered a semi-desert region. Arid air and cloudless skies are typical of this area, as are great heat and frosts. Daytime is typically warm, while nighttime and early mornings can become cool, even in summer months. This climate results in a very particular landscape, dotted with xerophytic vegetation.
Learn more about Graaff-Reinet here.
What Our Clients Say
The rooms are very spacious, luxurious and clean. Love how they embraced the history of the place, but also modernised it.Priscilla Esterhuyze
The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious, comfortable and I was really impressed by all the amenities in the room.Kerin
Amazing, tranquil and a must! Beautiful, clean and picture perfect… It's located in the middle of town, making it easy to walk around.Ingemar Hollenbach-Jacobs
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Drostdy Hotel factsheet/brochure and imagery.