Who is Newmark?
Newmark relentlessly pursues improvement in all it does, staying true to the brand’s essence, service excellence. This is practised at each hotel, residence, reserve or lodge within Newmark’s extensive portfolio, ensuring that its properties resonate with discerning guests and hotel owners alike. Clients quickly become part of the Newmark family and, together, uphold The Newmark Way.
Location: Newmark Hotels & Reserves
Reports to: Reservations Supervisor & Manager
Reservationists are front line professionals who facilitate the promotion, sales and booking of the hotels products and services. They must have excellent communication and customer service skills. They are responsible for ensuring a seamless reservations process from start to end.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making reservations for the Hotel and preparing rate proposals.
- Ensure accurate records about guests’ bookings, payments, and any additional information that hotel team members might need when interacting with a guest.
- Answer reservations calls in a pleasant and courteous manner, in accordance with the required standards.
- Up-selling, when appropriate, by informing guests of special packages, or higher room category.
- Assist & maintain an efficient administration system within the department.
- Ensure all quotations are followed up on in a timeously manner to ensure maximum revenue.
- You may be required to manage room blocks and all sizes of group bookings.
- Actively endeavor to seek and resolve guest complaints, where possible, exercise judgement and escalate it to the manager.
- Inform other departments and follow up with regards to special instructions / facilities.
- Establish and quote rates within the limits of the authorized rates negotiation procedure.
- Familiarize yourself and learn each hotel offering, various packages and specials to assist with general guest requests and other outlet bookings on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare arrival/guest correspondence (check-in) packs for Front Office daily.
- Assist with the booking of transfers, and other outlet requests and reservations such as dinners by communicating with necessary departments.
- Report any rate, system discrepancy to the Reservations Manager and all overbookings.
- Escalate all complaints.
- Ensure optimal utilization of the PMS and maintain knowledge on all room types and its availability.
- Sending of invoices, credit card payment links, following up on payments and ensuring all payments are accurately posted against each booking.
- Making sure all internal worksheets are actioned and updated daily, such as the PM sheet, Pay Genius payments, un-allocated deposits etc.
- Ensure accurate and detailed capturing of bookings.
- Manage any guest feedback to necessary department.
- Check and respond to all emails within required time policy.
- Ensure that all reservations (telephonic, e-mail and online) are processed correctly and as per standard.
- Ensure reservations vouchers have been recorded and allocated correctly.
- Attend training when required.
- Manage the OTA extranet.
- Perform your duties in the required standard for your role and ensure that you work in a manner that complies with any applicable quality assurance standards and your department’s standard operating procedures.
- Suitably attired for work at all times.
- Strong Opera Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- High communication skills, verbal and written
- OTA – responses
- Attention to Detail
The Sales Manager will be remote in Johannesburg. The primary function is to identify develop and account manage a database of potential clients for Qwabi Private Game Reserve which is in the Waterberg Region, in Limpopo. This position will also require cross selling of other properties within the Newmark portfolio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Develops & fosters good relationships with key clients, be it tour operators, travel agents and DMC’s.
- Visit clients to sell Qwabi Private Game Reserve
- Complete research to understand each client’s business and key stakeholders, decision makers and procurement processes.
- Research and establish a Sales Plan to increase the hotels revenue for Qwabi Private Game Reserve, in line with the Groups Sales and Marketing Objectives.
- Comfortable handling the full sale cycle from cold calling to closing.
- Monitor Tender data bases and Complete RFP for Corporate Companies and Conferences.
- Contract Negotiation.
- Cross sell properties within the Newmark Portfolio to increase the revenue for the group and grow market share.
- Integrated approach and effective communication to relevant stakeholders both internal and external to improve the service offering.
- Develop a clear understanding of each client’s requirements and utilize the information to retain and grow business.
- Ensure Contracts are renewed for existing clientele.
- Host site inspections, presentations, training and FAM trips where necessary.
- Contract, Implementation and Administration.
- Participate in relevant trade shows.
- Integrated collaborative approach working with all stakeholders.
- Utilize CRM tools or filing systems to retain information and grow understanding and build upon the database.
- Update/ Maintain all database/contact lists for both Operations and Marketing.
- Prepare reports on competitors, trends and sales activities for the local hotel and monitor results on a monthly basis.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Driver’s Licence and Vehicle.
- A recognized Sales Qualification / 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strategic analytical and data driven approach
- Experience in working with Tour Operators, DMC’s, Event planners
- Excellent Computer literacy - MS Office programmes is essential and proficiency in Opera advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal competencies and presentation skills.
- Results oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Efficient in time management and can work without supervision.
- The ability to interact, and work with multiple stake holders to achieve service and departmental goals.
- A good understanding of budgeting and the ability to work within set budgets
Explore UNESCO’s Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains...
Book now at Nkomazi Private Game Reserve by Newmark, a luxury glamping destination located in a...
Festive Dining Sorted: Newmark’s irresistible...
‘Tis the time for tinsel, gift wrap and mouthwatering festive meals. Newmark Hotels has the finest...
Liven up your weekly dinners with these Specular...
Your week isn’t complete without sumptuous mid-week dining specials at a glamorous location. Visit...
It’s the season for baby impalas!
The sights and sounds of summer are all around and that only means one thing in the Greater Kruger –...