Healing through touch at the Sanctuary Spa.find out more
Step into a world of “city chic” at The Onyx, on par with glamorous establishments found in New York, London and Paris, but infused with South African vibrancy. This contemporary apartment hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Cape Town International Convention Centre and other top attractions.Book now
Striking accommodation in the heart of the city
Set in Cape Town’s oldest thoroughfare, this modern establishment brings past and present together in a way that commands attention.
- Check In 14:00
- Check Out 11:00
The Onyx Hotel
57 Heerengracht Street
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 8001
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- Gym Located on the fourth floor.
- Heated pool Located on the fourth floor.
- Secure parking Convenient off-street parking.
- Transfers Book with reception.
- Laundry Laundry or dry-cleaning at an additional cost.
- Room service 7am to 10pm.
- Eco-friendly amenities Rooms feature Ben Sherman products.
- Concierge Available at reception.
- Spa Sanctuary Signature Spa.
- Pet-friendly We offer pet-friendly services.
Half-day city and Table Mountain tour
Experience Cape Town’s highlights, from built landmarks to the city’s famous natural features.Find out more
Robben Island tour
Explore the well-known island where Nelson Mandela and others were imprisoned.Find out more
Guests are offered the best of both worlds and more at The Onyx when it comes to dining. Since all hotel units include fully equipped kitchenettes, guests are able to prepare meals in the comfort of their studio or apartment-style room. They also have the convenient option of dining at one of the top-class restaurants – YU Asian Tapas and Bar or MRKT – located on The Onyx’s ground floor.View Menu
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Cots available for children up to the age of two.
- Extra beds are available on request and at an additional cost.
- No child rates apply (accommodation is charged per apartment, per night).
- Persons 16 years and older are considered adults and will require their own apartment at the applicable rate.
- Child-minding services are available upon request with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice, at an additional cost.
To ensure that you have the most pleasant and memorable stay possible, we recommend that you include the following items when packing:
- A variety of lightweight and warm clothing as Cape Town’s weather can be unpredictable
- A hooded jacket for rainy seasons
- Walking shoes
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further info.
We recommend that you contact your local travel clinic for advice on the necessary precautionary measures that you should take for visits to this region.
We uphold a Safe & Clean Commitment, focused on enhancing cleaning practices, guest interactions and workplace protocols to address the hygiene challenges presented by COVID-19. In addition, 100% of our hotel’s staff members are fully vaccinated. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 information portal.
There’s something incredibly vibrant about Cape Town’s CBD and neighbouring suburbs. With a mix of modern facilities, cultural infusion, historic landmarks, astonishing natural beauty, fascinating architecture, multiple restaurants and many a point of interest, it’s a city that invites exploration all year round.
Affectionately known as the “Mother City”, this destination and its people are wonderfully diverse and visitors from all walks of life are instantly captivated by its different facets. In addition to the city’s juxtaposition with the Atlantic Ocean, Table Mountain forms a backdrop that is so distinctive that it sets Cape Town apart as one of the most stunning locations in the world.
This view can be admired from the perfect vantage point in Cape Town’s Foreshore, where The Onyx is set, on the edge of the CBD. The Foreshore, with a rich history, is also home to a host of significant corporate and financial institutions, as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre — a leading conferencing establishment that frequently sees visitors from around the world, much like the rest of the city.
Read more about Cape Town here.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
The rooms are big, spacious and comfortable.The staff are super friendly and helpful. Will definitely recommend The Onyx Apartment hotel.Kizer Joosab
Amazing place overall. The staff was great, facilities were exceptional. Everything was impeccable. Had a lovely stay. Will definitely go back.Amanda Bani
This was more than a hotel; it was an experience! Everyone we came in contact with was beyond delightful. Their customer service and hospitality were above and beyond.Maisha P
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download The Onyx fact sheet/brochure and imagery.