Healing through touch.Find out more
A stone’s throw from the alluring V&A Waterfront, located alongside the Time Ball Tower, Dock House Boutique Hotel offers the ideal balance between convenience and complete privacy. It has also been rated one of South Africa’s Top 25 luxury hotels.
Luxury in a historical setting
Chandeliers and ornate ceiling cornices allude to the property’s historical roots, originally the harbour engineer’s private residence in the 1800s.
- CHECK IN 14:00
- CHECK OUT 11:00
Dock House Boutique Hotel
Moorings 5 & Portswood Ridge, 5 Portswood Rd
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 8001
Services and Facilities
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- Gym Fully equipped training centre.
- Pool Set next to lush lawns.
- Parking Located directly outside the hotel.
- Sanctuary Spa Pampering treatments and products.
- Concierge Available at reception.
- Laundry Available at an additional cost.
- Secretarial service Available on request.
- Accessible facilities For persons with limited mobility.
- Welcome refreshment Complimentary beverage on arrival.
- Room service Offered twice daily.
- Housekeeping Offered once daily.
- Private library A space to relax.
- Weddings & Events Tailor-made experiences available.
Personal Fitness Sessions
Recharge and reset your vitality and well-being. You will leave feeling energised, fitter and more relaxed and rejuvenated.View More
Half-day city and Table Mountain tour
Experience Cape Town’s highlights, from built landmarks to the city’s famous natural features.Find out more
Whale watching cruise with a marine biologist
Get the chance to spot the southern right whales up close.Find out more
Full-day safari trip
See wildlife on Cape Town’s doorstep at either the Inverdoorn Game Reserve or Aquila Private Game Reserve.Find out more
The Dock House
Expect an array of dining options, including eating at The Dock House or at the neighbouring Waterfront properties: Queen Victoria Restaurant and GINJA Restaurant.
The Dock House
The beautiful Dock House Boutique Hotel premises make for a unique and private wedding setting in the heart of the V&A Waterfront, with lovely views of Table Mountain.Enquire
- Children of all ages are welcome
- Cots available for children up to the age of two
- Extra beds cannot be accommodated
- No child rates apply (accommodation is charged per room, per night)
- Persons 12 years and older are considered adults and will require their own room/s at the applicable rate
- Child-minding service available upon request with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice, at an additional cost
To ensure that you have the most pleasant and memorable stay possible, we recommend that you include the following items when packing:
- A variety of lightweight and warm clothing as Cape Town’s weather can be unpredictable
- A hooded jacket for rainy seasons
- Walking shoes
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further information.
We recommend that you contact your local travel clinic for advice on the necessary precautionary measures that you should take for visits to this region.
We uphold a Safe & Clean Commitment, focused on enhancing cleaning practices, guest interactions, and workplace protocols to address the hygiene challenges presented by COVID-19. In addition, 100% of our hotel’s staff members are fully vaccinated. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 information portal.
Cape Town, otherwise known as “The Mother City”, is a cherished destination among locals and internationals alike. It has, in recent years, been named the best place in the world to visit by leading international media – and the reasons for this are unmistakable. The central region of this city comprises a number of sought-after attractions and suburbs: The V&A Waterfront region and harbour remain abuzz all year round, the CBD boasts world-class establishments and attractions that appeal to both business and leisure travellers, and the Atlantic Seaboard – just minutes from the CBD – offers a laid-back seaside setting.
The region’s Mediterranean climate makes for pleasant summers, although winds can pick up. Notwithstanding Cape Town’s unpredictable weather, which has earned it the reputation of having four seasons in one day, the city experiences an average of over 3 000 hours of sunshine a year. Winters are typically rainy, but the city takes on a cosy, European atmosphere which is easily appreciated alongside a fireplace.
What Our Clients Say
Great place with a wonderful pool and so conveniently located, too. Hope to return again and again.Mike Little
Very nice place to stay a night or two. We are charmed by their breakfasts and authentic style in everything.Vadim Pestun
Good position on Waterfront with Spa and quiet surroundings.Frederick Roberts
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Dock House Boutique Hotel factsheet/brochure and imagery.