Catch sight of African wildlife on a Big Five safari, not far from the city.Find out more
Impossible to miss, The Winchester Hotel stands out with bold appeal on the edge of the ever-vibrant Sea Point Promenade. The splendour of this 1920s Cape Dutch-style icon is rivaled only by the views of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean that frame the establishment.
A classic beauty fused with modern finishes
Bask in the property’s prime location and renowned amenities, from its grand courtyard to its popular sea-facing terrace and restaurants.
- Check In 14:00
- Check out 11:00
The Winchester Hotel
221 Beach Rd
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 8001
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- Swimming pool Pool, deck and loungers for guest use and relaxation.
- Grandiose courtyard Bougainvillia-adorned courtyard with dining
- Parking Limited off-street parking for guests.
- Laundry Laundry and dry-cleaning at an additional cost.
- Accessible facilities For persons with limited mobility.
- Room service Available from 6:30 - 23:00.
- Housekeeping Offered twice daily.
- Boutique conferencing facilities Half- or full-day packages available.
Helicopter flights over the Mother City
Spot some of Cape Town’s most stunning landmarks from above.Find out more
The Winchester Hotel
Shoreditch Restaurant, the hotel’s flagship eatery, promises contemporary dining across a menu of shareable small plates and creative main courses inspired by the classic South African tradition of cooking on open flames. At the adjoining Harvey’s Bar, guests can enjoy sundowners, classic cocktails and fine wine.VIEW MENU
- There is no charge for children five years or younger sharing in the booked room.
- A per-person-sharing rate applies for children six years or older staying in the booked room with one adult.
- A third-person-sharing rate applies for children six years or older sharing a room with two adults.
To ensure that you have the most pleasant stay possible, along with all you need to snap Instaworthy shots in the bougainvillia-adorned courtyard or on the sea-facing terrace, we recommend that you include the following items when packing:
- Swimwear for visits to nearby beaches or for lounging at the pool
- A variety of lightweight and warm clothing as Cape Town’s weather can be unpredictable at times
- A hooded jacket for rainy seasons
- Walking shoes
- Phone, camera and all the gear you need for the perfect pics
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further info.
We recommend that you contact your local travel clinic for advice on the necessary precautionary measures that you should take for visits to this region.
We uphold a Safe & Clean Commitment, focused on enhancing cleaning practices, guest interactions and workplace protocols to address the hygiene challenges presented by COVID-19. In addition, 100% of our hotel’s staff members are fully vaccinated. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 information portal.
Cape Town, fondly known as the Mother City, is an award-winning travel destination, owing to its abundant natural beauty, Table Mountain, pristine beaches, its cosmopolitan city centre, nearby wine-producing districts, as well as a strong arts and culture scene and an abundance of excellent restaurants and other points of interest. It is also recognised as a top business destination, with thriving African startups, high-tech facilities, media companies and other world-class amenities dotted around the city.
The Sea Point region, where The Winchester Hotel is located, grew as a residential suburb in the early 1800s and, in 1839, was merged into a single municipality with neighbouring Green Point, where the Cape Town Stadium is found. Sea Point is famous for its lengthy promenade, which hugs the coast from Granger Bay to Bantry Bay, and is popular among fitness enthusiasts and families. The suburb is abuzz with trendy coffee shops, eateries, boutiques and vintage clothing stores. Other major attractions in the area include the Sea Point pavilion and pools, the MOJO Market and the lawns and pathways along the promenade, perfect for leisure activities — all within walking distance of The Winchester Hotel.
What our clients say
Superbly friendly staff, bright and vibrant atmosphere, tasty food and excellently priced. Always great to see establishments that are able to reinvent themselves while maintaining that quality and service are the cornerstones. Can't wait to go back!Alex Andipatin
I loved going back to The Winchester after so long! Everything looking awesome and fresh! Lovely to sit outside in the Courtyard and have lunch and just enjoy the special outdoor eating area.Cols C
This gorgeous historic courtyard, recently redesigned in sharp monotones… 4 stories of purple bougainvillaea draped over colonnaded balconies, is my favourite breakfast spot.Alia Preyer
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Winchester Hotel factsheet/brochure and imagery.