This famous Cape Town adventure is enjoyed while a contribution to the environment is made. Knowledgeable crew accompany participants and provide insight into the world of great white sharks.
• Great white shark spotting up close
• Fun, knowledgeable crew
• Responsible and ethical company
• Shark research initiatives are supported
• Awareness campaigns
Why It's Amazing
This famous Cape Town adventure is enjoyed while a contribution to the environment is made. Knowledgeable crew accompany participants and provide insight into the world of great white sharks. The team is qualified to co-ordinate activities around these incredible creatures, including conservation, education and research.
The experience is designed to accommodate both divers and non-divers and participants can rest assured of their safety. It is truly a once-in a lifetime experience as no dive is ever the same. As there are fewer than 5 000 of these sharks left in our oceans, participants can count themselves fortunate when spotting them.
About the Guide
White Shark Projects is committed to working in harmony with our natural and social environment. The team offers outstanding customer service, value and operational efficiency. The crew and staff are set apart by their expertise, their hands-on experience and their passion for great white sharks. The company’s knowledge is rooted in 15 years’ experience in great white shark research, conservation and eco-tourism.
– Breakfast or lunch before the trip
– Snacks and refreshments on board
– Soup and bread upon return from the trip
– Wetsuits and equipment
• Duration: Two to five hours long, depending on sightings and weather conditions
• What to Bring:
– Warm clothing
– Bathing costume
• Meeting Location: Dive Lodge in Kleinbaai
• Clients are not entitled to a refund should weather conditions suddenly change while out at sea causing a trip to be curtailed
• Clients will not be given a refund if no shark sightings take place as sharks are wild animals and their presence cannot be guaranteed; in this case, an alternative date for the tour is offered at a reduced rate
• Cancellation Policy:
– Cancellations must be done at least 24 hours before departure to avoid incurring fees
– 24 hours to 18 hours before tour: 50% of fee is payable
– 18 hours or less before tour, or no-show: No refund due and the company that made the booking will be responsible for the payment
– If a tour cannot go ahead due to bad weather, clients will be informed as soon as possible and an alternative date will be offered or a full refund will be given (The tour will not be permitted if safety is compromised in any way)