Enjoy the result of winemaking excellence through generations.View More
At the gateway to the Cape Winelands, the contemporary, five-star Hazendal Hotel and Spa is framed by rolling vineyards and the Bottelary and Simonsberg mountains in the distance. Amid this scenic splendour, an exclusive and multifaceted accommodation experience awaits your arrival.
Having something to offer for the entire family is at the heart of Hazendal’s identity. On the Estate, you will find a range of restaurants that cater for all tastes, from fine dining to casual deli experiences and flame-grilled delights that everyone can savour. For the sports enthusiasts, there is a driving range, an 18-hole par 3 golf course, and a padel court. Art and culture enthusiasts can explore the Classic Car Collection and Marvol Art Gallery, while families with kids can enjoy the Putting Park and Wonderdal Edutainment Centre.
Welcomed with heartfelt hospitality and polished service, Hazendal truly is the destination for all your journeys.Book Now
The destination for all your journeys
Wander into a strikingly beautiful world where authentic luxury and modern style merge perfectly with layers of historical charm and eclectic character
- Check in 2:00 PM
- Check out 12:00 PM
The Hazendal Hotel
Bottelary Road New entrance from Ronelle Street via, Kruis St
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa, 7599
Services and Facilities
- Golf Course & Driving Range 18-hole par-3 golf course
- Shop Fashion & lifestyle boutique.
- Padel court Available for all guests.
- Fitness Centre Complimentary access to fitness centre.
- Spa Various treatments and products.
- Salon A range of beauty treatments available for guests.
- Wonderdal Kids Interactive Edutainment Centre for ages 5-13
- Heated Pool Outdoor 24x5m heated swimming pool.
- Welcome refreshment Complimentary beverage on arrival.
- Screening room Open all day or booked on special request.
- Cigar & Whiskey lounge Luxury space open to adults only.
- Deli Open 5 days a week.
- Hotel bar Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available.
- Ballroom For weddings & exclusive bookings
- Wifi Available throughout hotel.
- Laundry services At an additional cost.
- Backup generators and solar farm Continuously connected and energy efficient.
- Boardroom Exclusive use for meetings.
- Interleading Rooms For big groups and families.
- Coffee and Tea Coffee and Tea
- Mini Bar Mini Bar
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- Secure parking Complimentary parking on the estate.
Golfing at Hazendal
Hazendal offers an idyllic setting for golfers to refine their skills or enjoy the greens.View More
Arts and culture at Hazendal
Art and jazz lovers will be delighted by Hazendal’s gallery and events.View More
Classic car collection at Hazendal
This striking display of classic cars will transport you through bygone years.View More
Kids’ activities at Hazendal
A family-friendly destination, Hazendal has plenty on offer to keep little ones entertained.View More
Hazendal Wine Lounge
The wine tasting experience not only presents you with a taste of the region’s fascinating history but is an elegant experience, unfolding in an immaculately refurbished wine lounge which was once the farm’s original wine cellar.View More
Hazendal welcomes guests of all ages, making it a family-friendly destination. Children aged six and up can also enjoy our spa with a special menu. Our destination offers a range of kid-friendly activities, including the Wonderdal centre, Kleine Hazen Putting Park, and vast open spaces and lawns for exploration. Join us and bring the kids for a memorable stay!
To ensure that you have the most pleasant and memorable stay possible, we recommend that you include the following items when packing:
- A variety of lightweight and warm clothing as the Cape’s weather can be unpredictable
- A hooded jacket for rainy seasons
- Walking shoes
- Swimming gear
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further info.
Hazendal Hotel and Spa is set upon the Bottelary Hills, at the winelands’ starting point, gazing over rolling vineyards which have come to be a well-loved characteristic of the region. On the opposite side of the Bottelary River, eight different incredibly fertile soil types exist. Back in 1699, before the vineyards were established, the land was used for farming with grain and cattle. Interestingly, this is where the name, Bottelary originated — from the Dutch word, bottelarij, which means ‘pantry’
The region’s Mediterranean climate makes for pleasant summers, although winds can pick up. Notwithstanding the Cape’s unpredictable weather, which has earned it the reputation of having four seasons in one day, the region experiences an average of over 3 000 hours of sunshine a year. Winters are typically rainy, but the region takes on a cosy atmosphere.
Average Day Temperatures:
27˚C (December to March)
21˚C (April to May)
17˚C (June to September)
22˚C (October to November)
South African Rand (ZAR). Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
No cheques are accepted.
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Hazendal Hotel & Spa factsheet/brochure and imagery.