Enjoy the result of winemaking excellence through generations.View More
LAUNCHING OCTOBER 2023
OPEN FOR BOOKINGS NOW
At the gateway to the Cape Winelands, the contemporary, five-star Hazendal Hotel and Spa is framed by rolling vineyards and the Bottelary and Simonsberg mountains in the distance. Amid this scenic splendour, an exclusive and multifaceted accommodation experience awaits your arrival. Here, you will be met with heartfelt hospitality, delivered with genuine warmth and polished service...
The destination for all your journeys
Wander into a strikingly beautiful world where authentic luxury and modern style merge perfectly with layers of historical charm and eclectic character
- Check in 3:00 PM
- Check out 12:00 PM
The Hazendal Hotel
Bottelary Road New entrance from Ronelle Street via, Kruis St
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa, 7806
Services and Facilities
- Wifi Available throughout hotel.
- Welcome refreshment Complimentary beverage on arrival.
- Pool Outdoor 24x5m heated swimming pool.
- Screening room Open all day or booked on special request.
- Pro shop High-end golfing equipment and attire.
- Secure parking Complimentary parking on the estate.
- Cigar & Whiskey lounge Luxury space open to adults only.
- Fitness Centre Complimentary access to fitness centre.
- Hotel bar Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available.
- Hazendal spa Various treatments and products.
- Laundry services At an additional cost.
- Backup generators and solar farm Continuously connected and energy efficient.
- Ballroom For weddings & exclusive bookings
- Boardroom Exclusive use for meetings.
- Salon A range of beauty treatments available for guests.
- Deli Open 5 days a week.
- Golf Course & Driving Range 18-hole par-3 golf course
- Interleading Rooms For big groups and families.
- Coffee and Tea Coffee and Tea
- Padel court Available for all guests.
- Mini Bar Mini Bar
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- A television with satellite channels A television with satellite channels
Golfing at Hazendal
Hazendal offers an idyllic setting for golfers to refine their skills or enjoy the greens.View More
Arts and culture at Hazendal
Art and jazz lovers will be delighted by Hazendal’s gallery and events.View More
Classic car collection at Hazendal
This striking display of classic cars will transport you through bygone years.View More
Kids’ activities at Hazendal
A family-friendly destination, Hazendal has plenty on offer to keep little ones entertained.View More
Conference and Event venues
Whatever the occasion, Hazendal’s venue variety and expert events team will turn it into an outstanding one.View More
Hazendal Wine Lounge
The wine tasting experience not only presents you with a taste of the region’s fascinating history but is an elegant experience, unfolding in an immaculately refurbished wine lounge which was once the farm’s original wine cellar.View More
Public Spaces at The Hazendal Hotel
Children of all ages are welcome at the hotel and those six years and older can be treated at the spa (special children’s spa menu available).
To ensure that you have the most pleasant and memorable stay possible, we recommend that you include the following items when packing:
- A variety of lightweight and warm clothing as the Cape’s weather can be unpredictable
- A hooded jacket for rainy seasons
- Walking shoes
- Swimming gear
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further info.
We recommend that you contact your local travel clinic for advice on the necessary precautionary measures that you should take for visits to this region.
Hazendal Hotel and Spa is set upon the Bottelary Hills, at the winelands’ starting point, gazing over rolling vineyards which have come to be a well-loved characteristic of the region. On the opposite side of the Bottelary River, eight different incredibly fertile soil types exist. Back in 1699, before the vineyards were established, the land was used for farming with grain and cattle. Interestingly, this is where the name, Bottelary originated — from the Dutch word, bottelarij, which means ‘pantry’
The region’s Mediterranean climate makes for pleasant summers, although winds can pick up. Notwithstanding the Cape’s unpredictable weather, which has earned it the reputation of having four seasons in one day, the region experiences an average of over 3 000 hours of sunshine a year. Winters are typically rainy, but the region takes on a cosy atmosphere.
Average Day Temperatures:
27˚C (December to March)
21˚C (April to May)
17˚C (June to September)
22˚C (October to November)
South African Rand (ZAR). Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
No cheques are accepted.
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Hazendal Hotel & Spa factsheet/brochure and imagery.