Hot-air balloon safaris are offered at Serengeti Sojourn, providing guests with the chance to see this majestic region from a different perspective.
What to expect
Tea and coffee is served in the lobby before departing to the balloon staging site. Participants will have the opportunity to watch the crew inflate the envelope before commencing the flight at sunrise.
The flight offers incredible, panoramic views and an enthralling game-viewing experience. Following the flight, participants are offered chilled bubbly and a delightful bush breakfast before continuing their safari on the ground.
- Departure from Camp: In the region of 04:45 or 05:00
- Flight Duration: Approximately 50 minutes
This remarkable experience, a notable highlight of guests’ stay, is offered in the following locations during the respective season:
- Central Serengeti: 15 December to 31 March
- Northern Serengeti: 1 June to 31 October
- It is highly recommended that this experience is booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
- It is further advisable that this experience is booked for the first morning of guests’ stay in Serengeti National Park as this allows the opportunity to reschedule the flight for the next day should weather conditions or technical reasons cause the original flight to be cancelled.
- Every effort will be made to reschedule the flight, as far as possible, if the original flight has to be cancelled. If this is not feasible, a credit note refund will be provided.
- Participants must have a reasonable fitness level, and must be at least seven years old and 1.4 metres in height. This experience is regrettably not suitable for pregnant women. Persons exceeding 120 kg may be charged for two seats.
Find out more
Experience the majestic region from a different perspective. Contact us today to book your hot-air balloon safari.