Enjoy a guided cycle and picnic with local food and wine.find out more
History lovers will adore this charming building – the oldest urban manor house in the town, built in 1509 in the Manueline style, which has been restored with dignity and transformed into a comfortable and welcoming hotel.
Step back in time
When guests arrive at the manor house, they are welcomed inside the beautiful “Francisco Melo Alvim” atrium before heading up a Baroque balustrade stairwell to the rooms and library. Historical details and architecture have been maintained, while other aspects of the building have been gently updated to suit modern needs.
- Check In 15:00
- Check Out 12:00
Casa Melo Alvim
Conde Carreira Avenue 28
Viana do Castelo, Minho, Portugal, 4900-343
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- Pool Located in the garden.
- Pet-friendly We accept animals up to 20kg.
- Telephone External calls will be charged.
- Room service Available around the clock.
- Accessible facilities For persons with limited mobility.
- Wake-up call Enquire at reception.
- Housekeeping Offered once a day.
Donkey rides for children in Montaria
A 30-minute guided donkey ride, including helmet.find out more
River tour on the Lima River
Enjoy the scenic beauty of this territory.find out more
Casa Melo Alvim
Make this special 16th-century manor house the location for your next event. We host weddings, christenings, birthdays, corporate meetings, gourmet dinners and exhibitions.Enquire now
Casa Melo Alvim
A luxury buffet breakfast is offered at the hotel, in the cosy bar area with live piano music. Breakfast is served between 7:30 am and 10:30 am and includes hot dishes, healthy foods and delicacies designed for children.ENQUIRE NOW
- Children up to four years old stay for free as long as they share with an adult.
- From five to 12, children will be charged 30 Euros per night.
- Extra beds are subject to availability.
- In winter and autumn guests should always bring warm clothes and an umbrella.
- In summer guests can bring everything needed to enjoy a day at the beach or in our swimming pool.
- Hiking or walking shoes to visit the main attractions.
- A camera.
- Guests should always carry cash, as there are some places that do not have ATMs.
Viana do Castelo is the northernmost Atlantic city in Portugal, located about 45 minutes from Porto's international airport. The river, surrounding hills and the sea give this city its excellent and unique features. This area is well-known for its crafts, crockery and embroidery, which draws visitors from all over.
Average daily temperatures:
- 15 degrees Celsius (March to June)
- 24 degrees Celsius (June to September)
- 16 degrees Celsius (September to December)
- 14 degrees Celsius (December to March)
Electricity: 220 V
For more on Portugal, read here.
What our clients say
Impressive old building ideally located in the city centre closed to all restaurants and shops. Staff is very friendly and willing to help. The swimming pool is well exposed under the sun, ideal for sunbathing time.Yann Moulin
Fine rooms and woodwork, spacious breakfast room and excellent staff... The location was perfect, a few steps from the station with a very helpful booking office and a short walk to enjoy the river and explore the old streets.Tumi
This is a beautiful hotel, steeped in history, the staff are extremely attentive and enthusiastic. Our room was very comfortable beautiful antique furniture. Super location. Really lovely and relaxing pool area... Super breakfast, highly recommend.Liz TD
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Casa Melo Alvim Hotel factsheet/brochure and imagery.