Of the many amazing ways to experience Cape Town, this one is no doubt in the top five. The adventure begins on Lion’s Head or Signal Hill (both on Signal Hill Road/Drive) depending on the wind on the day.
• Tandem paragliding experience
• Flight over the city
• Professional paragliding instructor
• Views of Robben Island on the horizon, Table Mountain, Lion’s Head and the Atlantic Seaboard
Why It's Amazing
Of the many amazing ways to experience Cape Town, this one is no doubt in the top five. The adventure begins on Lion’s Head or Signal Hill (both on Signal Hill Road/Drive) depending on the wind on the day. Flights that launch from Lion’s Head conclude in front of the Bungalow in Camps Bay, whereas those that launch from Signal Hill conclude in Sea Point, in front of Winchester Mansions hotel.
There is a 15-minute walk up the hill if launching from Lion’s Head but no walk if launching from Signal Hill. The flights are performed by professional and experienced instructors, certified by the South African Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (SAHPA).
About the Guide
Cape Town Tandem Paragliding was started by Manu Wegmershaus. He started paragliding at the age of fourteen and proceeded to become a paragliding junkie – eating, sleeping and breathing paragliding. Manu has brought together a team of like-minded paragliding professionals who now introduce others to this thrilling adventure.
– Flight: Five to thirty minutes depending on wind, which changes throughout the day and from day to day
– Whole experience: Approximately one hour, depending on the weather
• What to Bring: A bottle of water for the hike
• What to Wear:
– Closed shoes, such as trainers or running shoes
– Long pants
• Required Fitness Level:
– Suitable fitness level required for a 15-minute walk up Lion’s Head to launch from this site
– Any fitness level is suitable for flights that launch from Signal Hill
• Age Specification: People of ages and abilities can enjoy the flight; the team has flown people aged three to eighty-seven
• Meeting Location: Confirmed on the day of the flight via text message
• Paragliding is weather dependent, and delays can be experienced due to wind and clouds
• In the event of bad weather, another date will be recommended; if it is not possible to reschedule, any money paid will be refunded less a 10% admin fee regardless of circumstances
• If Cape Town Tandem Paragliding arranges the transfer and the transfer commences but weather inhibits the activity, the client is still responsible for payment of the cost of the transfer
• Bookings may be delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled at the sole discretion of Cape Town Tandem Paragliding, its owners and management
• All clients participate at their own risk and will be required to sign an indemnity form before the activity takes place
• The owners and management of Cape Town Tandem Paragliding cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of any property of the client
• Cancellation Policy:
– 30 to 15 days prior to confirmed booking date: 10% cancellation fee payable
– 14 days before prior to date, or no-show: 100% cancellation fee payable