A one-night stay with a wine tasting, wine-blending and a four-course menu with pairing.find out more
The Hotel Monverde was a project born out of passion and a love for wine culture, friendship and sharing, which started as a big house where friends would visit and, over time, it became a more formalised accommodation out of the vineyards of Quinta da Lixa.
Where Wine & Passion Meet
Expect a truly magnificent and personalised experience which revolves around the passion for winemaking at Monverde Hotel at Quinta da Lixa.
- Check In 15:00
- Check Out 12:00
Monverde Wine Experience Hotel
Quinta de Sanguinhedo 166, Castanheiro Redondo
Amarante, Porto and North, Portugal, 4600-761
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Pool Located in the garden.
- Wi-Fi Available throughout the hotel.
- Pet-Friendly We accept animals up to 20kg.
- Telephone External calls will be charged.
- Room Service Available 24 hours.
- Accessible facilities For persons with limited mobility.
- Wake-up call service Enquire at reception.
- Housekeeping Offered once daily.
Retreat in nature
Enjoy a “Five O'Clock Tea” served in the room followed by a “Serra do Marão Tour” with guided tour and meal.find out more
The Monverde experience
Live the full experience with a “Monverde Selection” Wine Tasting and three-course meal with wine pairing.find out more
Meetings & Events
The Monverde Wine Experience Hotel offers tailor-made events, set in the beautiful green landscape of Quinta de Sanguinhedo.Enquire now
Frequently asked questions
- Children up to four years stay free as long as they share with an adult.
- From five to 12 children will be charged 30 Euros per night.
- Extra beds are subject to availability.
- In winter and autumn, bring warm clothes and an umbrella.
- In summer, bring everything you need to enjoy a day at the beach or in our swimming pool.
- Walking / hiking shoes.
- You should always carry cash, as there are some places that do not have ATMs.
The city has been part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network under the category of City of Music since 2017. Amarante's origin dates to the primitive peoples that hunted and gathered in the Serra da Aboboreira, sometime during the Stone Age, and extended during the Bronze Age and later the Romanization of the Iberian peninsula, so there is a wealth of history to explore. Sweettooths will adore the pastry shops unique to the area – look out for the traditional St. Gonçalo cakes. The landscape offers incredible sights and historical buildings, making a walking tour well worth the experience.
Average daily temperatures:
- 15 degrees Celsius (March to June)
- 24 degrees Celsius (June to September)
- 16 degrees Celsius (September to December)
- 14 degrees Celsius (December to March)
What our clients say
Wow. That’s all I have to say. Booked the suite with the private pool and was not disappointed at all. Everything from the start was perfect.Tarik Softic
Lovely vineyard. Great rooms and suitable to take your young family as well. We did the wine experiences so tastings, blending and taster menu. The wine tasting and blending is a must.Caroline Donaldson
Spent 2 nights there. It was a great experience from start to finish: food delicious, rooms spacious and clean, spa relaxing & quiet, the entire ensemble of buildings in the vineyard beautiful. Taste the wines!Christoph Poropatits
Agent rates’ application forms
Agents and operators can apply for STO rates through the link below, or download the Monverde Wine Experience Hotel factsheet/brochure and imagery.